Sunday, April 7, 2013

Envy and Jealousy

I'm not the nicest person to be around these days. Envy and jealousy rear their ugly heads daily and often what seems like out of nowhere. The counselor I'm seeing says your feelings are feelings and they are not sin, it's the action on the feelings that is sin. I don't know how I feel about this. When I see a pregnant person and I am immediately jealous or envious isn't that sin?  I feel guilty for thinking these things. I am jaded and cynical. I see a group of pregnant women standing together at a distance, each of these women beautiful both inside and out, and my initial relation is disgust. I don't see them for who they are, Godly women who love the the Lord who happen to all be pregnant; I see them for what I have not.  I don't want to feel this way; I don't want to be that person, but I am. I am trying to change and just when I think I've made progress, moments of ugliness appear and often when I least expect them.   I wish this wasn't a roller coaster, I wish my feelings didn't cycle back around. I wish for no one else to ever feel this way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment