Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 Isn't Gonna Be the Year



For the past four NYE's it's been the same emotional roller coaster.  I always had hope and truly believed 20... was gonna be the year.  I would either be pregnant and about to pop this time next year or have a new born.  Not this year.  This year I know 2014, isn't gonna be the year, and that's okay.

Dawn is here and the morning is coming.  While there isn't joy yet, there is acceptance.  I accept my life is much different than what we dreamed it would be four years ago.  I accept there is nothing we can do about it; We gave it our best 'old college try" possible.

What 2014, is gonna be is the year I start living again.  I have one year left in my twenties and I am gonna live it up!  Not quite sure how an "old woman" does that but I am setting out to try.  

It doesn't mean I am happy this is where God has brought us, but it does mean I've accepted it.  Maybe in a few more months the happy will arrive; until then I will live in acceptance.    

No comments:

Post a Comment