Saturday, February 15, 2014

Happy Non Valentines Day


So I really don't like Valentines Day. I never really have and ironically I haven't been single on a Valentines day in over 14 years. It makes those who don't have someone feel crappy and those who do have let down expectations. It's a lose/lose no matter what category you are in and for both boy and girl. 

What I do love is Harvey. As evidenced by his appearance multiple times on this blog and my Facebook. It's an unnatural love. Some might even say unhealthy. As I was filling out a new page in my listography earlier this week one of the questions asked "what would you grab in a fire." Naturally the one and only thing on that list:  Harvey.*

And so with all of that being said, just as "I'm not gonna invite you to my birthday party" is an extremely declarative statement, so is "I love you more than Harvey!"

So if you are ever questioning where you stand Estie, just remember I have never said those words to anyone but you!

-----------------
*Stephen is not a "thing" so let's just be clear that I would grab him! (But he does know that always in case of a fire he is to grab Harvey!)

P. S. Valentines day itself was a pretty good day. We had fun at work dressing together in our new LOVE shirts from M&S. For it is love that keeps us OB Offices in business;). 



AND on our weekly 2014 standing Friday lunch date, Stephen and I got an impromptu serenade by a barbor shop ladies quartet (but there were more than four of them so not sure what they would be called) singing It Had To Be You. 

AND Clint and JoDee came over for dinner where the girls beat the boys multiple times in SkipBo. (Silly boys, when will they ever learn the point of the game is to have the most points ;))


No comments:

Post a Comment