Thursday, September 18, 2014

How NOT To Raise A Mean Girl

I wish I had the formula and answer. I read this (http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4661700) article today which I loved talking about how to raise a nice daughter and how it starts at home.   

I am terrified of what fourth grade and the years that follow have to offer.  I realize this is YEARS away but personally fourth grade was a living hell for me and I don't use those words lightly. I have chosen to block out a lot of that year from my memory but when I hear a friend telling of her daughters plight that resembles mine the scares from the wounds of that period of my life begin to ache again and I can place myself in the moment in time again. 

Father I plead with you to guide me in teaching Lillian to be a nice girl. I want her to be friends with everyone, nice to everyone. Do not let her be a mean girl. If she ever starts to show signs of being a mean girl please help me to recognize it and nip it in the bud. Help me today to cultivate an attitude of grace, love and servitude in her.  Let her be the one who speaks out and stands up for those without a voice; those being bullied. Let me be that person too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment