Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Wait, Hope, Expect


Infertility is a crazy beast and it effects each spouse differently.  Stephen and I are no exception.  While we are on the same journey it has often times seemed we are on completely different paths.  Back in January after our first failed treatment I was kinda in one of those depressed places.  There was a cyst on one of my ovaries so we had to take a break and wait for the next cycle to continue with treatment.  The doctor actually put me on birth control to help the cyst go away.  (Talk about a crazy thing that felt so unnatural since we have been trying so hard for so long.)  So for my birthday in January, Stephen found the perfect gift, a magnet with his prayer for me.  Wait.  Hope.  Expect.  That's exactly where we were, having to wait to start treatments again.  While I had lost my hope, he was gently encouraging me to remember what it was we were working towards.  He was reminding me not only to hope, but to expect that it will to happen.

So after 26 months of waiting and hoping, we are so excited to finally say we are expecting!

There are so many thoughts and emotions going through our heads right now, but that is another post for another time.  But we do want to thank all of you who have traveled this journey with us and been praying all along the way!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Anna, that is such wonderful news! Having traveled the long road on infertility as well, I know how excited you both must be. I will continue to keep you and your growing family in my prayers. :) Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. howdy, your websites are really good. I appreciate your work. fionde prezzi

    ReplyDelete