Saturday, February 2, 2013

What We Go Through

As I sit here, yawning because I got up an hour and forty five minutes earlier than normal and bracing myself to spread for the umpteenth time over the past several years, I realize this is what separates my experience from the average person's TTC experience. The three and a half hour drive round trip, the money, the pokes, the prods and sitting alone, they are a far cry from a romantic night of love making.

This experience highlights to me that I really must be careful not to judge or presume to know what someone else's life is like. The old saying about walking a mile in someone else's shoes is so true.

While it's not romance, it is love that drives us to pursue the expansion of our family this way. While I won't be able to tell my child one day of the romance that brought about their conception or the surprise of an unplanned pregnancy, I will be able to say it was the intentional actions driven by a love for an unborn, yet to be conceived child that lead to their life.

And so, while the situation is not perfect and there are sacrifices being made that many will never know or understand, it is love that motivates and make is worth the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment