Monday, September 3, 2012

New Job, Isn't It Ironic?

So I'm going to start a new job on Tuesday.  God sure does have a sense of humor, or at least that's what I'm choosing to call it.  On the first day of the Going Out of Business Sale at Kennedy's, we experienced what I would describe as a Black Friday x10 type of day.  In the midst of all the chaos there was a one minute lull where I was able to step back and catch my breather after about a three hour marathon of discount calculations, finding  boxes, and ringing people up.  During those few seconds my OBGYN, Dr. Vineyard came up to me to ask what my plans where after the store closed.  I told him I didn't really have any and judging by the look on his face I went out on a limb and asked, "Why, do you have something for me?"  He said he quite possibly did to which I asked if it would be full time or part time because I only wanted to work part time. 

So long story short, I will be a part off Dr. Vineyard's new office staff starting Tuesday.  I'll be working full time for the first few months until we get everything moving smoothly and then transition to part time.  It's going to be an exciting new adventure. 

"So how are you going to handle being around pregnant women all day, everyday," you might be thinking.  Well that's were I think God has a sense of humor.  Truthfully if you asked me if I wanted to hang out with pregnant women all day I would say NO, probably with some expletives in front of the no.  But when Dr. Vineyard first mentioned the idea of my working for him my immediate thought was, "that would be awesome!"  You see I love my doctor and through this entire ordeal and most recently with my miscarriage and DNC he has been so compassionate and gone above and beyond his job description.  The thought of working for him truly seems like an answer to my prayer of finding part time work that was only during the week and not in retail or education.  While seeing pregnant women from all different circumstances come through those doors will be hard, I also know that God will be putting me smack dap in the middle of the paths of women who are experiencing the pain of infertility and miscarriages.  The opportunity to know these women and be able to pray for them and hurt with them, though it will most often be silently, can be a ministry and this is part of why I am excited about this new job!

All that being said, I ask that you would please pray for me.  Pray that God protects my heart and that I do not find myself overwhelmed with jealousy and sadness.  Pray that He puts the right people in my path and that I can minister when the opportunity presents itself to ladies who are hurting and experience grief few can understand.  Pray for the three other ladies I will be working with because things are going to be really crazy these first few months, pray for Dr. Vineyard, that he will be able to provide the perfect care for each individual patient and pray those patients will feel loved and valued by the entire staff!

1 comment: