Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Contract on the House!

I love how God works!  If you don't already know, Stephen and I did not have the best of luck selling his Condo in Houston.  Stephen was thinking ahead when he started Pharmacy school and decided to buy instead of rent when he moved to Houston.  It was a good decision at the time.  Real estate was doing well in the early 2000's and it was an investment in his future (our future, though he didn't know me yet).  So when he graduated in 2007, and we put the condo on the market a few months after we were married, the realtor assured us she could have it sold within a few months.  Well months turned into a year and then a year turned into four...four and a half to be exact (that's 54 mortgage payments in case you were wondering).  This past November, after four different realtor's, we finally got the phone call we really had come to never expect, an offer on the condo.  We jumped at it and our four and a half year prayer had finally been answered.

The truth is, God knew big changes where coming for Stephen and I only two months later with our move to Naocgdoches.  He knew we needed to be rid of the financial burden of the condo and have the cash in our hands to help with our relocation.  While the condo was a thorn in our flesh for so many years, the timing of the sell really was perfect.

Because of this you would think we would be a little skiddish to buy in Nac before we sold in Lufkin.  However, we found the perfect house and everything just fell into place (minus a week of crazyness with the bank right before we closed).  I know it's crazy, but I have not been worried about having two houses to pay for until yesterday, because it was yesterday that the reality of a double mortgage payment (both due today) hit me.  It's not that we can't make it, but I can't keep decorating my new house at the rate I have been until those double payments stop (but oh how much fun I've been having decorating up to this point!).

A few weeks ago, ironically while we were at the fertility doctor doing a treatment (this had to be a sign right?), we got an offer on our house.  All the text said was you've got an offer give me a call.  To our discouragement the offer was $20,000 off our asking price and not anywhere near what we need to be able to walk away without losing any money.  I was bumbed and thought that was the end of that.  Well I'm elated to say that after two weeks of crazy negotiations, we finally have a contract we can agree to!  A closing date has been set for March 14th (the day before my next double payment is due) and I couldn't be more excited! 

So I ask that you please pray for everything to go smoothly over the next month, from their financing, to the inspection, and our getting completely moving out. 

God is faithful and will always provide!  Why did I begin to doubt that yesterday?

Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?
Matthew 6:26

No comments:

Post a Comment