Thursday, April 26, 2012

How Camo Met Diamonds: As Told by Camo

This is the story of how I met Stephen according to him and written by him originally on January 23, 2006.  Just 23 days after our first date:)

The story begins with some guys trying to leach some gossip out of a friend about a girl named Anna.  The name stuck with me until mid-December when a Facebook study break was in order.  I decided to check out some 431 boys sites to find this Anna.  The chatter and buzz around her name was all a fishing expedition to get info, but it got my interest none the same.  On John Wyatt's site there was a girl named Anna.  I opened her page and instantly noticed pics from Africa.  My mind bolted for the wild African plains in liu of a a safari.  I began to notice some of the animals were misnamed; I felt it was my duty as a Wildlife major to point out the mistakes.  A short time later she replied back saying thanks for pointing them out and she would fix them later.  The problem was she renamed on of the animals incorrectly again.  She had the Cape buffalo misnamed as a water buffalo.  Anna tried to play it off as a by product of a drug cocktail she was currently taking for her recently dx shingles.  Oddly, that got me interested in learning more about this Anna.  We ended up swapping facebook messaged until she asked for my screenname.  I had no clue what she meant so I claimed ignorance and asked what she was talking about.  She laughed and commented about being related to John Wyatt and not knowing of AOL IM.  I followed her instructions and downloaded AOL IM.  Oh if I only knew the plans that program would lead to.  We chatted for a brief time before Anna had to go and put her roommate Carried at the keyboard.  I stumbled around trying to figure out who Carrie was, and only later, I figured out who she was.  Anna and I stayed up the next night until 3 or 4 AM chatting.  I was blown away (or lifted off my feet) by the words exchanged that night.  After she finally had to go, I instantly sent an old girlfriend, Sarah, a text message telling her I had met HER!!!! I don't believe that the ends always justify the means, but this time I knew I had to do what it took to win this woman's heart.

1 comment:

  1. Aww love this! Just got chills. :) Haha and I don't remember talking to you at all. But let's be honest, those were not some of my better days. Praise Jesus for saving me from that darkness and for bringing you two together!

    (Sorry that took a weird turn, haha.)

    ReplyDelete