Monday, April 23, 2012

Letting Go

I know this is crazy, but for some reason I cannot seem to bring myself to throw away the beautiful bouquet my Lufkin friends had waiting for me in my house when I got home from my D&C.  It's almost been three weeks.  I would have been 13 1/2 weeks right now; will I ever stop counting before I get to 40? I told Stephen it's almost like I feel that if I throw them away then it's all completely done and over with.  I know that sounds crazy and I just need to put them in the trash, but for right now I think they will continue to live on the dresser in my laundry room.


2 comments:

  1. I felt that way about Adelle's funeral flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too had a miscarriage a year and a half ago. I also had a D&C. You will continue to count. And that is okay. But, it does get better. You will find yourself going a few more days between counting. Continue to remember - God is good and He is faithful NO MATTER the circumstances. Praying for you as you trust in the Lord and as you "wait in hope." (Ps. 33) Katie (McGowan) Gravens

    ReplyDelete