Tuesday, May 29, 2012

My First Group of Small Group Kids

So my first group of small group kids graduated this weekend.  Stephen and I moved to Lufkin in the Summer of 2007, and that fall we began hosting seventh and eight grade small groups at our house.  It started out just being girls, but due to unforeseen circumstances we took in the boys too.  God has used this group to bless both of us through out the last five years.  I have seen them all grow both physically and spiritually over the past several years and it has been so much fun! 

Here are a few things I've learned....

Kyle Reed only drinks water and purple kool aide.

Ryan Castro is under the impression he is a Mexican.

Ruth Watkins has the last say if ever there is a doubt to the legitimacy of a word.

Phoebe Roberts just might be a Cullen, I mean have you seen her house in the woods?

Lizzie Wallace is quite possibly the whitest thug I know.

Loren Huffstetler has the best hair ever!
Rebecca Sanders has some mad dancing skills.
Hannah Ashby, I'm pretty sure is a closet runway model.

I've known each of you at different levels at different times.  Some more when you were younger and some more know that you are older.  I want each of you to know I love you and I am so proud of the young men and women you've become.  My door is ALWAYS open to you even all the way over here in Nacogdoches:)

Hudson Girls, I forgot my camera at your graduation:(  I promise I was there and love you just as much!


No comments:

Post a Comment